I’m looking for a new job. Inspired by this reverse job ad, I decided to create one of my own.
Who I am
What I’m looking for in my next role
In my next role I can see myself doing any combination of the following things:
- Training and mentoring junior developers
- Developing and documenting the organization’s processes (e.g. incident response process)
- Helping foster a healthy relationship between engineering and other parts of the organization
- Helping engineering follow Agile development methodologies (pragmatically, not dogmatically)
- Helping engineering follow best practices like TDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Mopping the floor
Why I’m looking for a new job
While I’m quite happy at the job I’m working now, there are two logistical problems. First, I live in Eastern time, but the company is located on the west coast, and I often have to work Pacific hours. Second, I’m one of the only remote people at the company which I find a little bit isolating.
So in my next role I’m looking for something that will allow me to work remotely from Michigan. I’d prefer to work for a remote-first company if possible. (This is not a hard requirement though.)
I would also prefer to work for a product company as opposed to a development agency. I like to be able to work continuously on one single thing for a long period of time as opposed to shipping a project for a client and never seeing it again.
Want to talk?
If you’d like to talk about working together, my email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.