Note: this workshop has been cancelled.
What this is
I recently published a resource called The Beginner’s Guide to Rails Testing. The guide covers 8 of the most common Rails testing questions I hear from beginners.
On Saturday, December 5th, I’m planning to host a live interactive workshop where I share the answers to all 8 of these questions. The questions are:
- What are the different kinds of Rails tests?
- What are all the Rails testing tools and how do I use them?
- Which testing framework should I use (RSpec or Minitest)?
- How can I make testing a habitual part of my development work?
- What level of test coverage should I shoot for?
- How do I add tests to an existing Rails project?
- How do I set up a new Rails project for testing?
- Should I be doing test-driven development?
How it will work
The workshop will take place over a Google Hangout.
During the workshop, I’ll go through the list of questions and provide the answer to each one. Attendees will have a chance to not only hear my answers but also stop me at any time and ask for clarification, more detail, etc.
Who it’s for
This is for Rails developers who are new to testing and want to know where to start.
Date: Saturday, December 5th
Time: 12:00pm-2:00pm Eastern
How to join
Just click the link below to purchase. No preparation is needed, no homework will be assigned. Just join the Google Hangout at 12pm on December 5th.